- 1. FAQ 2018
- 1. Q: Sacred space?30.09.15
…warm, relaxed, joyful atmosphere in keeping with the energies of the Solstice… Stillness…awareness…letting go and aspiring to creating a more harmonious world for the year ahead.
- 2. Q: Food, hot beverages, juices & drinking water30.09.15
- We will have a full kitchen to our disposal. (Food will be at set times and is included in your booking)
- Hot beverages, fruit and small snacks will be available through the night.
- Feel free to bring your juicer & fruit/veg (for non-sleeping hours)
- This is a vegetarian event like all our events. And Vegans are catered for (dairy-free soup for dinner & porridge/muesli for breakfast).
- In the spirit of community you are encouraged to bring some sweet & savoury celebratory food to share around (It’ll be nearly Christmas then: )
- Drinking water - new venue Townley Hall - own well water. Recently certified checked.
- 3. Q: Getting inside Newgrange?02.10.15
It is 12 min drive from here to Newgrange. However, access to the inside of Newgrange at the exact time of sunrise is decided by lottery. On 21 Dec when the lottery winners come out (approx. 10mins after sunrise) Newgrange is open to everyone and free to go in.
- 4. Q: How long is it?02.10.15
The 2018 experience will run from 03:45pm on Thursday 20th of December through the night to 02:00pm on Friday 20th of December. Finishing up with communal clean up and chill out sauna.
- 5. Q: How much is it?02.10.15
Full winter solstice experience 84€ | Student, Teen (over 14's), OAP, Social Welfare 64€ | Own bed add-on: 30€ | Solstice Morning only: €30 | Tickets are transferable, non-refundable. All workshops, sauna, Communal Supper, Breakfast & Communal Sleeping space are included in the price.
- 6. Q: How to get there / car share02.10.15
- 7. Q: Children allowed?10.11.15
This event is suitable for over 14 year olds
- 8. Q: Accommodation20.10.18
Communal sleeping space is provided for all and included in the price of your booking. Townley Hall is our new venue. This is a modernised, freshly refurbished, large, comfy, building with heated floors. These will be covered with soft duvets throughout – just bring something for your own comfort (pillow / blanket / sleeping bag / warm socks for shoes-off areas)…
Townley Hall also has a large dormitory with 10 single beds, partitioned. You will need to: pre-book these as an add-on and bring your own set of sheets. For accommodation separate from the venue visit Newgrange Lodge (you will need to drive/get a taxi). Alternatively, if you arrive early or want to stay on, check out Spoon & the Stars Hostel (Drogheda). Or our previous lovely venue Glebe House (4 private bedrooms, exquisite quality & taste)
- 9. Q: Townley Hall House: indoors / outdoors?20.10.18
Townley Hall House (Meath / Louth) is a large, warm (heated-floors), recently referbished and modernised Georgian house. At our disposal: indoor kitchen area, showers, toilets. There is an outdoor fire-pit access. The venue is a 12 minute drive from Newgrange monument and 6 minutes drive from Dowth. Here's Townley Hall website. Tel: 041 983 8218